Polaris Air Blower

Jan 2, 2016
Las Vegas
My polaris 2HP came off the stand pipe this morning when I tried to run the air blower. There was barely air coming out of one of the jets and then the air blower took off. Thank god it was attached to the wires so it couldn't go to far. Now water is leaking out of the stand pipe which I believe is the spa water pushing back thru the jets. I plugged the stand pipe for now so it stopped leaking but I am wondering what happened?
I also can't find any other parts that would go in between the air blower and the stand pipe. if I put the air blower back on the pipe it continues to leak..
Is there another part that came off that I can't find? The check valve in build into the blower.
What caused the air blower to come off? Temperatures are around 30deg at night. If the pipe is frozen why would there be water coming out of it?
Any ideas?

Welcome to TFP!

The water isn't going to freeze with low temps in the 30s. The thermal mass of water in the pool should prevent that. I don't have a spa attached to my pool or a blower. I thought spa blowers were normally installed on raised pipes to elevate them above the water level to prevent water flowing to them. It sounds like the top of your pipe is below water level. Maybe it should be extended to raise it above the water level? Although, it doesn't seem like that should push the blower off the pipe.

Hopefully more knowledgeable people will chime in here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.