Salt finish concrete problem Help

We just had our Leisure pool installed in Ca. and the concrete was poured. Our installer recomended a salt finish so the surface was not too slippery.
In many of the expansion joints on the pool edging we now have large 1" breaks where the salt had been pushed down into the concrete as it was rolled with the deck roller. I have enclosed a picture to clarify. This has now left very sharp edges in these areas and I see no way to rectify this error.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated. pool deck defect.jpgpool pic.jpg

Last edited:
If it really bugs you - I'd have the builder come back with a diamond blade on an angle grinder and cut off the "boogers". If you want a real clean look - then I'd fill all the cracks with expansion joint compound.
See here:
Concrete Expansion Joints: Keep them Watertight and Crack Resistant

Edit - I'd like to see pictures of your pool. Mine is looking like it will be 12' x 30'...

They make colored joint compound. Im pretty sure that you can get very close in color. Google expansion joint compound. A company called Sika makes good stuff.
I think you are better off sealing expansion joints after the concrete cures 28 days any ways. Water getting under the slab in not optimal, so they might have helped you out because you can ask the builder to take care of it!

nice pool!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.