Cracked Diverter Assembly

May 21, 2014
Rogers, AR
I have had an unusual loss of water, and had determined after some investigating that I was losing water to my French Drain line. (No other obvious leaks - Am also only losing water with pum running)

Specifics:

15K Viking Fiberglass IG Pool - SWG (Pentair) - Pentair Pump - Triton Sand Filter

Valve in question - 3-way Pentair mounted on suction side of pump. The valve is connected to both the French Drain and a dedicated vacuum (suction) line. The valve is either completely closed (if the vacuum line is plugged in pool)... or, normally... simply the French Drain line is closed.

Upon disassembly, I found the Diverter Plate completely broken near the top. Obviously, the crack allowing some seepage....

After replacement of the diverter assembly, I am continuing to have some water loss (albeit at a slower rate)....

Is it possible that the VALVE BODY may be deformed? It strikes me that there are only a couple of ways this diverter plate could have sustained such damage... A) Freeze? B) before I learned how to take care of things myself, the local pool maintenance team would change the valve on the fly to quick prime the French drain (I could see this potentially causing the divert plate to crack)....

Thanks...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.