Getting around to introducing myself

marcgr

Bronze Supporter
Oct 4, 2015
Austin, TX
I've posted a few times and received great help, thanks! I've also tried to answer a few questions for each one that I've asked...

Thought you all might like to see my pool. Completed October 2015 by Cody Pools in Austin TX. Overall quite happy with the whole process - as much as anyone can be happy with major construction in the backyard! Major details are in my signature.

My pool is unusual as it's on quite a slope as you can see. The top of the front of the pool is at grade or a little above it, the bottom of the back of the pool is at grade, more or less. At the steepest point it's about a 1:3 slope (1 foot of drop for every 3 feet of horizontal distance) or about a 32 degree angle. It's technically an in-ground pool, although as you can imagine only about half of it is actually in the ground!

Here is the result

Pool in fog.jpg

Howdy Marcgr :)

My pool was also installed on a slope not too different from yours. Before the pool we really couldn't do much in the yard but now....its opened up a whole new area of our home for us.

I hope your new pool has done the same for you too! :)

Yippee :flower:

I would love to see a pic of the other side of the pool! Kim

Hi Kim,

That's kind of like asking, "that sure is a pretty horse, can I see the backside?" But I'm here to please, so here you go. Can you guess what the ladder is for?

It's a "faux infinity" - mainly to keep kids from walking along the backside, the back side rises up to a point like the end of a chisel. I keep the water level about 3 inches below the level of the top, lower than an infinity pool would be, so I don't think it's possible to float out. It's 16' wide, it would have to be a heck of a cannonball to reach the other side.

Thanks!

Marc

pool backside.jpg

LOL at the backside of the pony! BUT see I LOVE to learn and the way I do it is to look at as much detail as I can........the backside of your pool is a work of art for sure! THANKS for sharing!

I was thinking someone on a float by the far side of the pool and someone else doing a good cannon ball and washing them over and out of the pool. I am glad to see you keep the water lower to keep that from happening.

Do you have a full set of pictures from your build? If so think about starting a thread in "under construction" to share. We LOVE a good build story.

Kim

Wow! What a gorgeous view you have! Beautiful pool and, I loved seeing the "tail end" of the pony as well! It's interesting to see how it's constructed!
+1 on you doing a build thread if you have the pictures. Lots of us love to look at the builds!