Is this just regular cement on bond beam?

Nov 19, 2015
Santa rosa ca
Hi all. Redoing my coping. The old coping came off in a 'chippy' kind of fashion. Wondering why there is a layer of about 1 1/2" thick cement on the top of the pool bond beam. Some of it failed and was separated while the rest is on there good. What should I use it build it back up? (The picture shows the tile which needs to be repaired too, the top row is missing)

IMG_0111.JPG

More pictures please. Also can you please put your pool info. in your siggy?

-settings-upper right hand area
-edit signature-left hand side

Tell us:
-size and gallons
-equipment-kind and sizes
-how chlorinate
-how do you test

THANKS!

Kim

I'm no sure why Kim wants all that info but some more pictures would be good. Overall pool picture.

It looks like the edge of your pool is raised above the bond beam by a curb of some sort. It appears that the curb is constructed with a normal mix of concrete poured into some sort of form over the bond beam. What does the skimmer look like?

The answer to your question in part depends on what you plan to do for coping. I could give a more detailed reply.

The short answer is to thoroughly clean the surfaces with a wire brush so there us absolutely no loose material. Form up and replace your curb. You want the old surface wet when you pour. Use any high strength concrete.

This us not the bond beam. The bond beam is the top of the structure with the top ribbon of rebar in it. There is no rebar. This was added on top of the bond beam.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.