Question about Taylor test kits

Jul 14, 2013
Looking for help from someone that has a kit that tests CYA and CH

I have a 500 gallon hot tub, and just recently got a starter taylor kit that tests just chlorine, ph, and alkalinity. I'd like to test CYA and calcium hardness as well, so I figured I would buy the necessary reagents and tubes from the taylor website. I was just hoping someone could confirm I found the right parts, and I'm not missing anything.

The CYA measurement bottle:
Welcome to Taylor Technologies

The CYA comparer with the black dot:
Welcome to Taylor Technologies

For the 25ml sample tube I have one included with my kit. All the reagents are available on the taylor site.

Thanks!

I suggest that you might want to look at getting a new kit all together as you are missing also the FAS-DPD test. By the time you buy all of those items separately, you might run into more money.

Is there a huge difference in accuracy? Or is it just for the purpose of being able to test levels higher than whats on the color chart?

Not really looking into purchasing another kit at the moment. Just looking to getting the supplies to test CYA and CH. Could you confirm I found the right parts for those tests? Mainly curious if that is the tube with the black dot needed for the CYA test. Thanks a ton.

Also just a fyi I have just a hot tub no pool. IDK where my signature came from and it won't let me edit it lol

Hi Spanoob - I run my hot tub on bromine - just a thought.

Also from what I've seen elsewhere here, if you're running chlorine in your hot tub, you might not need to worry too much about CYA. Your hot tub will be covered to protect the chlorine from sunlight (so you might not need as much CYA), and if you're using tabs, you'll dump the water and refill before the CYA gets too high anyway.

I don't think that's the right tester for CYA. It says it's for PH and FAS-DPD.

Having said all that - the cost of a decent test kit is small compared to what you'll spend on everything else - might as well get a good one.

Marc

Hi Spanoob - I run my hot tub on bromine - just a thought.

Also from what I've seen elsewhere here, if you're running chlorine in your hot tub, you might not need to worry too much about CYA. Your hot tub will be covered to protect the chlorine from sunlight (so you might not need as much CYA), and if you're using tabs, you'll dump the water and refill before the CYA gets too high anyway.

I don't think that's the right tester for CYA. It says it's for PH and FAS-DPD.

Having said all that - the cost of a decent test kit is small compared to what you'll spend on everything else - might as well get a good one.

Marc
Thanks Marc

I actually found a decently priced CYA kit on amazon. Not sure if I'm getting the CH test yet.

I like to monitor the CYA every once in a while since I use dichlor then switch over to bleach after a certain point. Could probably live without out it though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.