Sheer vs scupper

Picture perfect explanation above, Kimkats!!
I will add that there are 4-5 different styles of sheer (waterfall, rainfall, etc) in any number of widths and that sheer tend to be higher price per unit, but give much more design options.

When we went to look at pools, interestingly enough, the scupper type was much quieter than the sheers. We were trying to decide between the 2 and my hubby liked the noise from the scuppers-it was quite a soothing sound. But from this forum, I had heard that scuppers were louder than sheers, so I was surprised by it. Maybe the sheers were taller and therefore had more drop than the scuppers we saw.

Kim, thanks for the visual!

When we went to look at pools, interestingly enough, the scupper type was much quieter than the sheers. We were trying to decide between the 2 and my hubby liked the noise from the scuppers-it was quite a soothing sound. But from this forum, I had heard that scuppers were louder than sheers, so I was surprised by it. Maybe the sheers were taller and therefore had more drop than the scuppers we saw.

Kim, thanks for the visual!
Good point. Sound can vary based on several factors, such as water flow rate, height, turbulence etc. If possible, one should try to see a real world example of the fountain they are considering.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.