Leak under sand filter (video included)

Since they just replaced the sand, it is probably coming from the filter drain plug. If a simple tightening of the drain plug doesn't fix it, call back who ever replaced the sand and get them to fix whatever they did wrong.

Wow, that is a lot of water. I've seen filters crack around the 'belly button' on the bottom where the mold is cut off, but only on fiberglass tanks. The tank can also crack around the base if it's manhandled too much. I had some guys do that after they refilled a 15 year old filter only to discover they had moved it in the process and it didn't line up with the plumbing anymore. So what did they do? "You get on one side, I'll get on the other..." :evil:

There's no reason that should be the case with your filter since the whole top comes off and the MPV stays connected, but the water's coming from somewhere. If you don't see it trickling the tank anywhere then there's probably a crack.

The filter drain tube located on the underside of the filter was cracked. PB said the sand replacement had nothing to do with the cracked tube as the only way to get to the tube is to lift the entire filter off the ground. I suppose there is a possibility that someone may have stepped on the end of the tube from the time it was closed last fall. In any event, he replaced the tube and all is well. No charge either!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.