Aquabot 4WD stopping

ok, I moved the power supply to a different location so I could A) Monitor it better and B) Take a voltage reading from the DC output. When I plugged the cleaner back in and powered it up and got a huge puff of smoke come out of the power supply! :(

I've pulled the power supply apart and strangely enough there is nothing immediately visibly wrong! I'll post a picture of the internals of the power supply shortly.

So, I do however have an older power supply from another Aquabot that looks to be a close match.

Can I use this power supply? Connections are the same.

Here is the old power supply (Yes, we use 240v here)

IMG_2592.jpg

And here is the current (smoked) one.

IMG_2593.jpg

right, measured the voltages out of the old one and compared that to the original (now dead one) based on the clear output values printed in the PCB :)

DC output on the old (Bravo) is 31Volts and the polarity is identical. The Breeze accepts between 25V and 35V DC

Plugged it in and away it went....so looks like they haven't really changed the specifications on the output side on their Power Supplies.

Now, to see about getting the other one repaired ??

F

I've dropped the original power supply in for repair and I'm hoping it is just a blown Cap or two. The cost of a replacement Power Supply in Australia is more than the entire cost of the Aquabot when I imported it into Australia from the US.

Anyhow, I can say that the Breeze 4WD works fine with a Power Supply from a Bravo and to be honest it has never worked so well. I suspect the power supply might have been suspect for a long time after initially working well. If you have a Breeze 4WD that was working well and then seems to be struggling I suggest you check the supply and (I'm thinking) check the DC output voltage is sufficient and consistent.

Cheers

F

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.