RE: calcium hypochlorite feeder

Dec 17, 2015
arlington, tx
RE: calcium hypochlorite feeder

leslies sells a sank-tower 90 calcium hypochlorite puck feeder. i know it will build up calcium hardness and the pool will eventually need to be drained, but it seems the advantage (besides convenience) is that it won't increase CYA levels and interfere with chlorine effectiveness. does anyone have experience with calcium hypochlorite pucks and this feeder?

Re: calcium hypochlorite feeder

The pucks are a little more expensive than the powder (and harder to find) because they require a special binder to keep them in puck form and allow them to dissolve slowly enough. The binder material is insoluble in water and leaves a gooey mass behind that tends to plug up piping. I'd say they are only marginally better than trichlor pucks.

From the thread - Certified Pool Operator (CPO) training -- What is not taught

For every 10 ppm FC added by Cal-Hypo, it also increases Calcium Hardness (CH) by at least 7 ppm and increases TA by about 0.4 ppm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.