Newbie from So. Cal...Need input!!!!

Dec 29, 2015
Chino/CA
Hello all!!!

My name is Chris, just bought a home w/ an in-ground pool/spa about 1.5 months ago. As a kid we had a pool at my mom's house (she still lives at the same house, and her pool is also having issues....but we'll exam that later) and I'm the younger brother so I had the pool "responsibilities" of keeping it clean. So when looking to buy a new house, I wasn't scared to buy a home with a pool/spa because I was familiar with pool maintenance.

So I have decided to maintain my pool and not hire a company for maintenance (a company came out the 1st week and quoted me $85 for the month), having some knowledge 1st thing I did was clean out the filter. I have a Hayward DE Micro Clear Filter.

What brings me here to this site, is to ask questions for the things I'm un-certain of, I already have questions about my automatic cleaner (Hayward Pool Vac Ultra) and the pneumatic switches on my spa.

I will be submitting new threads for these topics.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Please don't put new posts all in different threads.....it is very confusing to those responding.

Start a new thread with one or two initial questions and then add to that thread when those problems are solved. Responders like to see your "whole story" all in one place.