Pool pro new to forum.

RDavis

In The Industry
Dec 28, 2015
St. Louis MO
I am a pool and spa repair tech with over 20 years experience working in the field in several states. I have just discovered TFP and was pleasantly surprised at the knowledgeable advice being posted by your members. I have joined to offer my advice as well as seek advice in the event that I need it. Good to meet you all.

Welcome to TFP!!:handwave:

I'm happy with your comment that you are "pleasantly surprised at the knowledgeable advice being posted" as most in the pool industry brand us as the "bleach cult" and warn customers we will ruin their pool. We like ot think our teaching is based on sound science and works well for the normal homeowner pool.

Bleach cult? I use Vertex, not Clorox, but its all bleach. Perhaps they don't like you teaching their customers how to not need them anymore. A good pool company can only gain from knowledgeable customers, its those other guys that need uninformed customers to stay working. Of course, there are, I am sure, some sites with less knowledgeable posters who could easily cause more problems than they solve.

Welcome :wave:

Hopefully you've ha d a chance to read the site rules for those folks who are "In The Industry" (ITI) - Guidelines for posts by people who are in the industry

We have many folks on this site who work in the pool industry (service and equipment side) and those that choose to follow the rules and are respectful of forum members are some of the very best and helpful forum contributors. Those who choose to use this forum as a personal soap box for their own business get spotted pretty quickly and get the :whip: & :hammer:

But in all seriousness, welcome and feel free to look around. Our Pool School has some great and easy-to-read information in it and our forums are filled with some of the best pool advice in the world. The Search box at the top of the page uses a simple Google search of the threads here but I have found it to be quite effective at locating the answers to 99% of my questions without having to start a new thread. The wealth and depth of knowledge collected here is amazing. Our Build Threads continue to amaze every season with all of the people building some really fabulous pools. So take your time and enjoy the site.

Best wishes,
Matt

Bleach cult? I use Vertex, not Clorox, but its all bleach. Perhaps they don't like you teaching their customers how to not need them anymore. A good pool company can only gain from knowledgeable customers, its those other guys that need uninformed customers to stay working. Of course, there are, I am sure, some sites with less knowledgeable posters who could easily cause more problems than they solve.
Please stick around. In the spring you will see the number of folks showing up who are being sold unnecessary chemicals by pool stores swearing that bleach will ruin their pools because of X. The X will end up being many things. It is truly sad how many pool stores sell using scare tactics. Heck, I take water samples into pool stores just to hear what they have to say......

Again, Welcome!!

Welcome to TFP RDavis,

We can always use another knowledgable Pro around to answer questions we have little or no experience with. Particularly Automation related issues. We are lucky to have a few really sharp Pros here, but the more, the merrier. Enjoy the forum!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support