Silver Supporter
Dec 20, 2015
Arnold md.
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Good afternoon all, great to find this site. I am a new pool owner and recently closed the pool, the pool was recently finished in October and closed in December. My PH is through the roof now, above 8... I read some other threads that said to put a circulating pump in and some MA with it. But what size submersible pump do I need? I have a small one I used for ponds and it moves water pretty good...

Some other general questions were

1. What about leaves in my pool? Some leaves are getting under my Loop Lock cover, can't really help that

2. I have a cartridge filter system and was told to remove the cartridges from the filter body and wrap up in a bag once dry...But now that they are in the bag can I just put back in the filter body housing? It is empty and no water gets in it...

Thank you

Organic stains from leaves and acorns left in the pool will be removed by elevated chlorine levels over time. Run your FC about double what you normally do and they will disappear slowly.....maybe a week or so. It makes sense to me that brushing may help although it doesn't seem to when I do it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.