Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
New to me pool
today it's 35 degrees in dallas and I noticed all 3 of my vs pumps and the cleaner pump are all running at 3300 rpm
i set them all to come on but set the speed to a much lower rpm

for freeze protection I don't need to be using 10k watts of power
1100 rpm would be enough as long as the water is moving

anyone here know why the freeze protection is running faster that the preset ?

for example the spa is on and it looks like it turned in the spa preset rather than the freeze protection preset ..

im tempted to just get a Blanket and 100 watt drop light
but would prefer to use automated systems

Not sure how iAqualink works with a Pentair IntelliFlo. On the EasyTouch automation panel you simply tell it which circuits (relays) need to energize for freeze protection and then it activates those relays. I actually disabled the Freeze Protect on my "POOL" circuit and used a spare circuit set to run the pump at a really low speed and have that circuit activate when Freeze Protect goes on. Perhaps you need to do something similar on the iAqualink?

My biggest annoyance is I have a rock waterfall feature with a hugely over-spec'd 3HP pump and that activates when the freeze protect goes on. I'm actually thinking of winterizing just the waterfall plumbing so I can shutdown that pump during the cold months.

Here are screenshots of the setup

It it seems the main pool pump has all kinds of speeds assigned but the second and third pumps have only one

I've tried reading the manuals but haven't found helpful passages yet
freez1.jpg
freeze3.jpg
freez2.jpg

Where do setup freeze protection? Which circuits get set to come on with freeze protect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

I did as Matt is thinking of and insulated just the piping for my waterfall. As for the setup on the Aqualink I have just my pump setup since my cleaner and booster pump are in the same plumbing and not isolated by any actuators they should be able to get plenty of flow to be protected. If your booster is on an actuated line you can use the "not used" slot to define a 600RPM speed and whatever valves that are needed no need to run the booster pump it will get enough flow from the main pump and by extension the cleaner will also be protected.

thanks for the replies but some of the above is over my head

i also have a swim jet w separate pump that isnt even seen by the aqualink

I hate to say it but I may need to call in an expert to get an understanding of what my options are
DSC_6916(1).jpgDSC_7064.jpg
pictures show the 3 vs pumps and the boost pump and the swim jet pump

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Silver, this is very odd. I just validated what you are seeing. My pump is not running at 600rpms as set in freeze mode - it too is running at the preset filtration speed.

5.jpg

In addition, I was unable to exclude the Filter Pump from freeze mode. All other relays could be added and removed but not that one. I assume you are seeing the same thing.

- Flappy

I just found the following in the iAqualink manual:

Page 37:
Freeze Protection
In the freeze protect mode the pump will turn
ON and be set to at least the freeze protect
speed. If the filter pump speed is higher than the
freeze protect speed, then the pump will run at
the filtration speed. Also, if speeds have been
assigned to auxiliaries and if those auxiliaries
are freeze protected, the pump will be set to the
highest of the speeds.

And on page 27:
Note the filter pump is always assigned to freeze protection.

Well I'm glad it wasn't just me

the aqua link system is completely screwed up
makes no sense
need to read the manual and maybe call them

I can go in and set the pump to 1000 rpm
but it would be so much better to have it be 1000 only when on freeze and th regular pump rpm all other times

Yep - I've seen others post that they do the same
I still need to figure out how to keep the swim jet pump from freezing

its not Vs and not connected to aqua link

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.