best place to purchase acid to lower PH

I get mine from Lowes. I don't know if it is the best price BUT it is the easiest for me to get to so that counts for me. Make sure you get the 31% out in the garden shop area. There is a "low fume" one that costs the same BUT is half the %!

Kim

I use to get mine at Leslie's because Lowes and HD here went exclusively to the 14% pool acid at the same price as Leslie's' for 32%. However, they also have 32% in the paint isle which is now at a better price than Leslie's so that is where I get acid now. It pays to shop around.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Agreed! You would be safe to bump up the FC to target levels, but wait for your kit on the slam.

Would you please keep your signature in each post? It helps us from back-tracking on the thread or even remembering if you have one. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, do you know where to find info on your "target" FC? Let us know if not.

Hold off on doing anything until you get your test kit.

IF you feel as if you HAVE to do something you can put a jug of bleach in to keep the pool from getting worse.

I am going to share a couple of links with you.

This one will talk about the chemicals we use and what we use them for.

Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

This one talks about the levels AFTER your pool is clear

Pool School - Recommended Levels

This one talks about how to SLAM when your kit gets there. The MOST important part is Maintain as in maintain the FC at or just above SLAM level.

Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain

AND here is the biggest and best link-----the whys and hows of TFP!

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.