Can I use the Aqua Bug on my Intex Pool?

Dec 26, 2015
Herald, CA
So I need to purchase a pool cleaner, and I am considering the Hayward Aqua Bug (or the three other similar models - Dave, Wanda, or the other one). The Hayward site says not recommended for Intex types and it requires a 1 HP or better pump. I have seen posts by other users that are sometimes skirting my question by just a small amount, or I they leave that critical information out as to what the equipment is. Can someone please tell me if this cleaner will work (and how well) with the Intex 16'x32'x52" pool, using a 0.95 HP Intex supplied pump, using a sand filter and salt water system? I'm not worried about a large number of leaves, primarily just the stuff the skimmer doesn't get when it's not in use. Thank you.

It will work, and it may work to your satisfaction, but don't expect miracles. They need power to run well, but it may do fine on the job you are asking for.

Welcome to TFP! I hope you enjoy your time on the forum. :goodjob:

Have you done any modifications to your pool? Add skimmer?

Welcome!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.