Cleaning concrete tips?

lsbarkley

LifeTime Supporter
May 15, 2007
New Jersey
Had my pool installed little over a month ago. On one end where a few branches hang over have a few small brown stains from tree. Have a few questions.

1. What have you found to clean spots the best. I have a pressure washer but dont want to use it yet on the nice new concrete.

2. Should I wait a certain amount of time since pour to do anything?

3. Has anyone sealed regular concrete...does it help?

best concrete cleaner

The best concrete cleaner (for regular concrete) is also a pool chemical most have on hand - dilluted Muriatic Acid - mop it on, let it sit for a few minutes - it will foam like peroxide on a cut, then rinse it off. Concrete will look brand new.

Muriatic acid would be my concrete cleaner of last resort. It actually dissolves the concrete and so will erode any anti-slip profile, such as a broom finish, that you have.

Bleach will remove most organic stains (e.g. leaf and acorn stains).

Yup, seven years old but the question is how much bleach to a gallon or water do you use for cleaning concrete ? Mine hasn't been washed well for years and I'd like to soak it down with something and pressure wash it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.