LifeTime Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
Venice, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I went out and noticed that my spa volume had fallen. This happens to me periodically so I tried to turn the pump on to recirculate and fill the spa. CLICK...no pump movement. I tried the booster and it works fine. I tripped and reset the plug attached to my control unit, and still...CLICK...no pump action. I opened the pump to check the impeller, and it is free. I turned the breakers off and on again, and still just a CLICK when I try to turn the unit on. The unit is a Hayward Tristar dual speed pump, and is only 4 years old, and I have never had any problems with it. I am frantically looking for troubleshooting ideas, but have resigned myself to the fact that there will be no Christmas eve hot tub sitting:grrrr::rendeer:

Resolution. (after cutting the power)
I Opened the back of the pump to find what looked like a fried connection with a poor moth attached. I detached the pump and brought it to the local store for a bench test. The moth, I Determined straight away, was a goner, but the pump ran with no need to jumpstart or other obvious problem. The pumps setup included capped and taped connections on all 3 poles except the ground. My electrician friend came and secured the red, black and white straight to the poles and viola! Seems like it was and arc at the connection..??

Case closed, for now

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.