AQL-PS4 with a Hayward T-15 Salt Cell gets "Cell Power Error"

Dec 24, 2015
Dickinson Texas
Afternoon all,

I have a AQL-P-4-X295 with a T=cell-15. I keep getting a cell power error, also. I can get it to reset by shutting the breakers down and the cell runs correctly for anywhere from 5 minutes to 4 days before it shuts down with a error. The display on the AQL shows a salt level of 5700 ppm when it is tested at 2 different pool stores, the salt level is about 2900 ppm. I have checked the back of the board and there were brown spots on the back of resistors at T25 and T26. I replaced the resistors and checked the K1 connection and it was looking good. I resoldered the connections of K1 just to make sure and the salt level reading is still 5700 PPM.

Does the AQL need to be told that there is a SWG inline and does it need to know the size? The Yahoo that installed that SWG for me has gone out of business or fled the jurisdiction. I had the Cell tested at Leslies Pool and it tested good.

I hate to buy a board if it is a minor thing.....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.