New pool owner at our wits end!!!!

Pin-E

Dec 23, 2015
Valley, AL
We have a new pool and this is the second time our liner has floated. We are having drainge issue addressed but the rain continues. The first time our builder drained the pool but it's floated again. We are going to give it time to see what happens but should we keep running the pump on low? The pool was finished after Thanksgiving. Help?

I would be talking to your PB. What does he intend to do? IF he is going to work on the liner with the water still in it I would run the pump. You do not want the water to go green.

If you would like to post a couple of pictures someone may have some ideas.

How are you having the drainage issue addressed?

Kim

Kim has hit on the key issue. drainage issues.

In an area with a high water table this mus be dealt with. If the topography of the yard is good this can be as simple as a french drain system under/around the pool to allow ground water to drain off where it will not float the liner.

Unfortunately, if the topography is not correct you may have to add a sump pump. Again, a french drain system should be installed, but at some point around the pool a pip;e will go down from the surface to the drain system with an automatic pump to pump the water out.

Here is an example on YouTube What is a pool sump and why MUST I have one? - YouTube

Run a search on *well points* and you'll get a fair amount of hits to go off of.

Welcome to TFP