My Swamp

Hi again,

You added Borax? Borax raises PH...which you lowered the other day with MA, right? You need to add Baking Soda, to raise your TA, if it's still 40 that's too low. Can you post your most recent complete set of test results?

I just read thru all your posts. You have this thread, which is about "your swamp" but is this newest PH question related to this thread or are we talking about 2 separate pools here? (I may have goofed by merging them? :scratch: :hammer: )

Cloudy

Threads merged by Moderator for consistency

I have been struggleing to get my pool back to clear,its currently cloudy I can only see to about the 3rd step from the top.It was full of algae,I have it under control but it wont clear up.The pump has run for a good 2 weeks,but its still cloudy.Here are my test results from today..
FC/ 2.6
TC/2.6
PH 7.4
TA/170
CYA/50
Hardness/90

Will TA effect it being so high?Im at witts end and about ready to give up,any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... :twisted:

Hello again,

Wondered what happened to you.

TA is not an issue here.

You need to read Defeating Algae, How to Shock your Pool, and How to Perform the Overnight FC test. These articles are in Pool School.

Your pool is not going to clear until you follow the instructions of keeping your FC at shock level and holding it there, until the FC Holds overnight, the CC is .5 or less and the water is clear.

You state your FC is 2.6 - this means you don't have enough FC in your water. AGain, refer to the CYA chart for your appropriate levels of FC. Your MINIMUM level is 4, at all times. NEVER let it go below that. Your target is 6, and your shock level is 20.

So have some more POP, get some more bleach, and follow the instructions in the articles and your pool will clear. :goodjob:

Your chlorine is way too low to be clearing your pool. :cry:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.