Woo Hoo... I have the dumbest question ever.

Oct 9, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm replacing my Intermatic timer. It's the model with the metal case. I need to punch out the 3 plugs so I can run my wires into the box. I don't want to just start pounding them out with a hammer and screwdriver for fear of bending the metal. Whats the secret ?

Hammer and a big screwdriver ?

There are no dumb questions! We all needed to learn these things at one time or another.

The metal case punch outs simply get attacked with a hammer and a screwdriver. You should notice where the hinge tab is, one spot around the edge of the punch out where the metal is more intact than anywhere else, and apply pressure to the opposite edge. Once it starts moving, swing the disk you want to remove back and forth till the hinge gives way.

Nice, so I'm not as dumb as I look.... I went out and applied hammer to screwdriver and they popped right out.

I have a hard time beating on something I just paid 60 bucks for without asking :mrgreen:

Now if I can get the new timer wired up correctly without cooking anything.... electricity is not my thang :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.