Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Woo Hoo... I have the dumbest question ever.

1. Back To Top    #1

Woo Hoo... I have the dumbest question ever.

I'm replacing my Intermatic timer. It's the model with the metal case. I need to punch out the 3 plugs so I can run my wires into the box. I don't want to just start pounding them out with a hammer and screwdriver for fear of bending the metal. Whats the secret ?

Hammer and a big screwdriver ?
    In Ground Plaster Pool
    20000 Gallons
    Ecomatic SWCG
    1 HP WhisperFlow Pump
    Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE Filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Woo Hoo... I have the dumbest question ever.

There are no dumb questions! We all needed to learn these things at one time or another.

The metal case punch outs simply get attacked with a hammer and a screwdriver. You should notice where the hinge tab is, one spot around the edge of the punch out where the metal is more intact than anywhere else, and apply pressure to the opposite edge. Once it starts moving, swing the disk you want to remove back and forth till the hinge gives way.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Woo Hoo... I have the dumbest question ever.

Nice, so I'm not as dumb as I look.... I went out and applied hammer to screwdriver and they popped right out.

I have a hard time beating on something I just paid 60 bucks for without asking

Now if I can get the new timer wired up correctly without cooking anything.... electricity is not my thang
    In Ground Plaster Pool
    20000 Gallons
    Ecomatic SWCG
    1 HP WhisperFlow Pump
    Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE Filter