Waterfall

venno

Jan 27, 2013
Australia
Hi

My pool came with a blade waterfall feature that sits on the long edge of the pool and pours water onto a an area of the pool that has a bench in the fibreglass shell for people to sit. It all sounded great and the demo pool it was used on looked good in the display but it has turned out to be the least used and practical part of the pool build.

I have been thinking of removing the waterfall to free up the space around that area and make it a nicer place to sit whilst in the pool when I started to wonder what I could do with the pressure lines that are already run to that location. I currently have an automated valve that switches between the normal pool returns and the waterfall, I though that if I remove the waterfall I could use the pipe on that side to put another set of returns or maybe blower jets.

Can anyone suggest alternate uses of the existing setup minus the water feature but reusing the buried pipe?

cheers

No sure what part of Oz you are in, but without any water feature, you lose the ability to cool your water by running it in the we hours of the morning.
I understand you are done with the waterfall, but what about putting in laminar flow jets?
These would not interfere with the in-pool bench seating,
They would allow you to cool your water at night.
One variant lets you send LED light through the water stream for a night lighting feature.

Were I am located, we battle the water temp getting too high in summer. I would not be without some water feature to cool it.

No sure what part of Oz you are in, but without any water feature, you lose the ability to cool your water by running it in the we hours of the morning.

Yeah not a problem were I am, quite the opposite, have invested heavily in pool heating.

I gues the simplest idea I had was to just poot in 2 more pool returns and use the auto valve to switch them in and out in conjunction with the main returns. I was wondering if there was anything more fancy like maybe a blower or some such i could fit.

I understand you are done with the waterfall, but what about putting in laminar flow jets?
These would not interfere with the in-pool bench seating,
They would allow you to cool your water at night.
One variant lets you send LED light through the water stream for a night lighting feature.

Were I am located, we battle the water temp getting too high in summer. I would not be without some water feature to cool it.

What type of water feature do you have, and do you really see a difference in the water temps?

Right up the road from you and our pool gets pretty warm in the summer...upper 80's to low 90's in the extreme heat.

On a mild night (when it gets down to 75) I run waterfall for 3 hrs from 3am.
I can drop 3-4 degrees of pool temp.
You really feel the difference between 90 and 87.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.