Salt- 3400
CH- 525
CYA- 70
ALK- 150
Chlorine- 2
CC- 0
TC- 2
PH- 7.8-8 hard to tell

I knew my chlorine would be low, I haven't added in 2 weeks since I found this sight. I am going to use bleach, store brand, the question is what's the dosage and how should I broadcast.

Any other things I should add based on test results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new Light Saber. Now you need to read up on Pool School and use our Pool math app (top of page) for it's operating instructions! It'll tell you how much to add for your gallons size to achieve what result you are looking for. Pour bleach slowly in front of a return with the pump running.

According to poolmath 1 gallon and one cup of 8.25% will take you to your target, which is 8 for your CYA. I would just add a gallon and a half (or so) and test it again in a couple of days. Shoot for 8 ppm, don't want to go lower than 5. HTH. Oh, and Merry Christmas to you!

How exciting!:party:

attachment.php

Fix the pH first because your CH is heading high and the high TA will tend to drive pH up fairly quickly and that's a recipe for scaling. Then raise FC up to the right level for your CYA.

You don't need to broadcast liquid acid or liquid bleach, just dribble it into the pool in front of a return jet while the pump is on and it will spread out and dilute. A few sweeps with the brush will speed it along. Give yourself half an hour between chemical additions.

Have you read Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals ? That tells you what chemical does what and how to add it.

Is your water clear? Any signs of algae?

Crystal Clear... No signs at all.

- - - Updated - - -

According to poolmath 1 gallon and one cup of 8.25% will take you to your target, which is 8 for your CYA. I would just add a gallon and a half (or so) and test it again in a couple of days. Shoot for 8 ppm, don't want to go lower than 5. HTH. Oh, and Merry Christmas to you!

I was thinking I read 4 as a target.... Glad you told me that, I will dose today accordingly. Thanks to all. Merry Christmas!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
cclay you might want to add the info on your SWCG to your signature. I'm not sure if the recommendations you're getting are with the knowledge you have the Polaris autoclear ??

With a SWCG and your CYA at 70 you should never drop below 3 and have a target of 5 ppm FC.

Have you done anything to bring the pH down yet ??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.