Pool Upgrade

Wade C

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 17, 2015
Tampa, FL
Greetings and happy holidays to all! I am planning on getting my pool resurfaced /painted this winter, and was wondering if anyone knew of a good contractor (orthree) working in the Tampa, Florida area? Thanks in advance for the help!

No help in finding a contractor except to maybe call some pool builders and ask who there plaster person is. I wonder if you could call the makers of the plaster you are thinking of going with and see who has used their products in your area before?

I do want to say I encourage you to go with resurface of the plaster instead of painting. Painting has been shown to be a shorter term fix. I bet you could do a search to find painted pools to give you some real life experiences.

Kim

Kim,

Great idea, I hadn't even thought about going from the plaster backwards. I agree with you on the resurface, as we're planning on being here a while, we might as well get it redone now rather than later.

Wade

Kim has a good idea. For example if you go on PebbleTec's website they will give you a list of installers in the Tampa area. Many of them install other products also.

We find that paint has AT BEST a three year life. The usual life is only really a year.

Painting a pool should be illegal. :jocolor:

Save your pennies and go with the plaster every time. Good luck finding someone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.