Storage of pool cleaner

Oct 16, 2014
Australia
I normally keep our Baracuda (Genie 3000) in the pool all the time.

I'm thinking I might put it in the box where all my pool equipment is stored, and just put it in the pool when I use it.

So, in the storage box, it would be out of the direct sun, but I would need to coil the hose a little to get it to fit in there.

Will the parts of the cleaner actually last longer permanently wet (i.e. in the pool) versus being kept dry in storage?

For example, will the rubber dry out and crack?

Bob.

I leave my hose out now. When I tried to put it in the pool side box it formed some "memory" curves. I tried laying it in the sun and stretching it out to remove the curve. It did not work :(

I do put the working part in the box as I do not want the plastic to dry out and become brittle. I do not know if it helps but it makes me happy so..........

Kim

I will be getting my Dophin Trident Plus tomorrow and it will be my first robot, replacing a Kreepy Krauly. Do most of you folks keep your robot in the water all of the time, or take it out between cleaning sessions? If you leave it in, what about the power supply? I don't think the supply should be exposed to rain or snow.

I take my robot out after each use. I have left it in the pool overnight on occasion, but that's it. My power supply always goes on a chair, underneath a table near my pool to keep it out of the rain. I know some folks have cut holes in storage containers that fit over their power supplies (upside-down) to cover them when they are out in the elements. The power supplies are all water or weather resistant but it pays to keep them sheltered from the elements. In the winter, my robot and power supply go indoors in the basement.

Yeah, I meant when in use my PS goes under the table, on the chair. When I'm not using it during the summer, the robot goes inside the screened porch with the power supply (inside a storage box if I'm not too lazy that day).

Best to have the whole unit in a place that's dry and out of the sun whenever possible.

The power supplies are all water or weather resistant but it pays to keep them sheltered from the elements.
I left my Dolphin power supply in the rain and it failed. Tech Support pointed out to me that the manual says not to leave it outdoors.

They graciously replaced it nevertheless.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.