SWG for my pool

Alwayswantedapool

Platinum Supporter
Jun 22, 2015
York SC
I want to convert to a SWG, what I am reading is that you want at least 1.5 x the pool size. Best that I can tell is the AquaRite AQR15 with the T-15 (40k rated) cell is the best way to go but that isn't going to give me the 1.5 ratio. Is that going to be an issue, will i have to run my pump all the time to keep the chlorine levels up? Looks like the pool pilot has a 52,000 gallon solution, would that be a better solution? Thanks

I would say twice as big or more. A larger salt cell allows you to run it and your pump less. For a 30,000 gallon pool I would be looking at cells that are rated for 60,000 minimum.

Remember, salt cells have a finite life span and will need to be replaced at some point. Figure that into your calculations.

Remember, while I agree automated chlorination is wonderful there are other options. I love my Stenner Pump, but I still have to carry jugs to keep the tank full.

The PoolPilot will be a good size for your pool. The Aquarite will do fine for most of the year but for 2 months during the summer you will have to run it a little longer than the PoolPilot.

Do you know how much chlorine the pool averages a day during the summer? The AquaRite can produce about 5.5ppm of FC and the PoolPilot can produce 8ppm of FC in 24 hours for a 30,000 gallon pool.

Another option is installing two AquaRites and cut the run time to a few hours a day, but I would just go for one for a year to see how it works out.

As to the stenner pump, I have researched those and what it comes down to is that I dont have a place to put the chlorine storage that isnt hot and in direct sun. The pad isnt close to the house and gets direct sun for most of the day in summer. Not sure how to work around that.
For chlorine use, I only have a months experience in sept and it was pretty hot. At that time it was consuming a steady 44 oz per day. But, I am continuing the fight to lower my cya and at that point it was about 100 (down to 80 now so slowly making progress). I will take a look at the pool pilot. Thanks

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.