New Pool (Liner Installation Issue/Question)

Nov 19, 2015
Fort Smith, AR
The PB came over today to install the liner in our new pool. It is an 18x43 Roman diving pool at 9.5 ft. deep. It got to be around 60 degrees today and the sun was out and only covered around 3/4 of our pool. He had 2 shop vacs going on the shallow end (Step sealed off) and it was not getting any suction for the walls of the deep end and he said he is going to bring a 3rd shop vac out tomorrow to see if that can get the deep end to seal against the wall. Also, he mentioned he really needs to find a way to warm up the liner with the temps a little lower and it is going to be cloudy tomorrow. Just curious if there are any artificial ways to warm the liner up to get some of the wrinkles out and adhere to the wall a little better. Also, I'm hoping this third shop vac works since the pool is pretty large.

I don't believe there is a way to warm the liner up except with the sun. Liner pools really need to be installed with warm temps and :sun:

No real way I can think of without lots of work and cost.

Tent it and run a large heater inside the tent?

Several blowdryers blowing on it at one time??

Several shop lights shining on it with "real" lights (not led)??

I am just throwing ideas out there to see if any stick.

Kim

60 F is ok to install a liner as long as everything is done correctly. The liner needs to be cut right. Also, Shop Vacs are not the best for installing a liner. They're ok for smaller pools, but for your size pool, a purpose built liner vac should be used.

In addition, any source of air leak should be eliminated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.