Dirt Cheap pumps on Ebay

midijamm

LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2015
Marathon fl
Replaced the motor on my pump a year ago and it has burned up again.

It is an antique pump and I am going to buy a new one.

It is very tempting to try one of these pumps on Ebay since they are so cheap. (I know you get what you pay for)

But

Sometimes you pay more than you need to.

Anyone had any experiences good or bad with these units?

1 5HP in Ground Swimming Pool Pump Motor w Strainer High Flo Hi Rate Inground | eBay

2 5HP in Ground Swimming Pool Pump Motor w Strainer High Flo Hi Rate | eBay

2HP in Ground Swimming Spa Pool Pump 5850 GPH Dual Voltage Motor 2 Thread NPT | eBay

Yes - you do get what you pay for especially in pool pumps.

Think of your pool pump like the heart of your pool's circulatory system - cause that's EXACTLY what it is. I would not scrimp here - false economy. Even if you just get a single speed pump, get one of the name brands. You can save money with a 2 speed and save even more with a variable speed. But again - I'd get a name brand pump, not a cheap knockoff.

I do like eBay and you may just get lucky and get a good one for cents on the dollar but... What if...

I just installed a new pump for a solar heater and it just didn't sound right. It is good pump brand from a local pool company, they came out and I had a new one up and running within an hour, happy days. :D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.