Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
So my inbox is approaching a 200 message limit. There are certainly many messages that can be deleted (I have not deleted any in a long time) but for the rest of the messages I want to keep is the archiving process simply to download the remaining messages (I see there are various file format option) to my computer and then delete what's in the Inbox?

There's not other storage options for TFP messages, right?

Thanks,

Matt

The official answer from Lee (Leebo) is what I suspected - delete what you don't need to keep, then download the rest. vBulletin lets you download the PM's as either .txt, .csv or .xml. I'll download all three as they really won't be that big. XML files are easily searchable assuming the XML tags make sense. CSV probably isn't too useful unless you do shell scripting (grep, sed, awk, etc) and TXT is probably the most human readable format.

Anyway, I was simply asking to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious. The 200 PM limit applies to all and keeps the site's server/memory requirements minimal which, in turn, keeps the site free from having to use ads to pay for space. I think we can all agree that an Ad-free TFP is most desirable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.