Best stick-um glue type product for use on plaster & plastic, underwater?

Jul 21, 2015
Tempe, Az
Before anyone say's JB WeldStick - yes, it cures underwater. No, it doesn't stick to plaster. And "sticking" to the plastic housing is also questionable.

Here's my dilemma. My replacement pool light doesn't exactly "fit" into the old housing on my pool. It is one of the ones with the adjustable screws on the 3 tabs on the plastic bracket, but it's like it doesn't "push in" to the existing (metal) housing far enough. So, every time I run my Zodiac G2, it sucks the light out of the wall and gets tangled up in the cord.

Well, the water is 50 degrees right now, so diving in to put it back together isn't going to happen, but does someone have recommendations for some sort of glue product that I can apply underwater and get this darn thing to stay stuck? When it's warm enough out, I mean.

Freezing in Phoenix...

BN

Oops- probably needs to be moved to building products...my bad

How far up the wall is the light? I see so many people that set their vacs to climb all the way up and almost out of the pool when you really only need to to climb partially up the wall and then back down. When I say partially, I mean slightly up the wall. Not very far at all.

it's about 2 feet or so below the waterline in the deep end of the swamp. Just far enought that I can't reach it by leaning over.......have to jump in, and the water's only 50 degrees right now so that isn't going to happen!

It's not my robotic vacuum that's the issue, it's the darn "bounce along the bottom and suck everything up" Zodiac G2 that yanks it right out of the wall. As far as I know, there's no way to control how high up the wall that goes?

My Sharvac will darn near climb up and out of the pool in the shallow end, which is fine, but it only gets about halfway up the wall in the deep end so it's not so much of an issue.

Assuming you have it plugged into a port that you can control the flow thru a hand valve, using the valves, you can minimize how much water flow goes thru the unit thus keeping it from going too high up the wall. No matter which vacuum you have you should be able to control how fast it runs around and how high it climbs. Some people close off their main drain and their skimmer while the vacuum is going and that causes the vac to climb to high and run too fast.

So try adjusting some of your valves and that will control how the unit runs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.