Water level going down

Jul 19, 2010
Longwood, FL
Since October no rains here in Orlando. Since then my pump runs 6-7 hours daily

I noticed my water level has gone down about 4 inch.

I check pump are no visible leaks , however in the house closing / inspection report I have invoice saying the distribution valve leak was fixed ($120), I check that too, No

visible trace of water.

How do I find this leak ?

Thanks and Happy Holidays all

Four inches in two months? I think the leak is straight up, in to the air :joker:

It might be very unusual in Florida but up this way it is normal for us to have minor droughts in the mid Summer months that cause us to have to top off the water occasionally. Is there anything else going on with your pool that is causing you to suspect a leak?

Your best option is a bucket test to determine whether or not you truly have a leak. Put some rocks in the bottom of a large bucket and put it on your pool steps. Fill the bucket to the same level as the pool, ideally near the top part of the bucket. Observe if the pool loses more water than the bucket over the course of several days. If the pool is lower, you have a leak. If they remain the same, no leak.

Four inches in two months? I think the leak is straight up, in to the air :joker:

It might be very unusual in Florida but up this way it is normal for us to have minor droughts in the mid Summer months that cause us to have to top off the water occasionally. Is there anything else going on with your pool that is causing you to suspect a leak?

This was my thought after reading of no wet spots. We had so much rain last summer, I kept the pool water over the skimmer and did the skimming myself (dirty job). Once it got hot, I was adding water!

Bucket test will prove any leaks. I'm hoping it's just evaporation. :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.