What to do with leaf rakeings?

rig2

Platinum Supporter
Dec 26, 2014
Linda, Ca
When I leaf rake my pool, I would just put the leaves on the grass. Then when I mowed, it would be bagged up and go to the green bin for trash. Since I live in the land of fruits and nuts and we are on water restrictions, we are getting artificial turf in the back yard where the pool is. What can I do? Besides dump the leaves out then rake them and then the green bin? The turf isn't in yet but I have been trying different ways. Into a bucket, directly into the green bin, dump them then rake. What I can think of seems like extra steps and is kinda aggravating the times I have tried it.

What do you do? My agp is buried so its kinda like an inground pool with a vinyl liner. I am thinking about a robot for cleaning but what do I do with the skimmed leaves and such?

I use a plastic waste basket with a foot operated pedal to lift the lid. I drilled a couple of holes in the bottom so the water drains out. When it is full, I add it to the lawn waste bag and put it on the curb. It sits along the garden wall so it doesn't draw attention to itself.

rig2, I'm missing something when you talk about "extra steps". Why not just empty them into the "green bin" directly from the pool and let them drain and dry there and put them out on collection day ??

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.