ph Question

How many returns do you have in the pool? I see its 45 years old. It's probably got dead spots n perhaps the reason why you're getting conflicting results.

If you haven't already, Pool School is full of educational literature to help you understand your pool, chemistry and equipment.

If you do post more ph readings that are that far apart, it might help to describe locations of readings, specifically distance between the most disparate readings, proximity to pool returns, if pump is running and proximity in time to any addition of pool chems. But as per earlier posts, hard to fathom how there could be such a wide disparity in ph levels.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: Update

Philo-

Could you put this post with your original so it will all tie together? I have an old brain, LOL, and it always needs refreshing!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad you figured out your issue, though!

Threads merged by mods...

If there is no use of trichlor tablets or other chemical introduction, I can't come up with a reasoning for this lower pH near returns versus other areas of the pool. Unless when you're testing each location, you happen to be using different backgrounds behind the color match test, skewing the results in one location versus the other.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.