Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
All the pool equipment is In a small shed attached to the house. Sheds about 9 by 9 and 8 to 10 feet tall. I am having some pool people Coke out to install a raypak but they did notify me that they would not unless the shed was properly ventilated.

from my understanding they are right.

So to properly vent they shed, I would need a lower entry vent, a upper vent, and a exhaust for the raypak double exhaust pipe to pipe out of. Now I am confident I can chop into the side of the shed and install some vents or soffits for the air circulation. What I am not sure about is the vent for the raypak.

i am not awefully comfortable with chopping into the shingles of the roof shed (there is no slope I can see). Is it possible to vent the raypak out the side of the shed instead of out the top? If so what's needed? If not, I'll have to find a handyman to create a roof vent.

thanks.

Doing some more reading and apparently to sidevent I'd have to install the powervent to the raypak (which I don't want).

I would not side vent the unit. Go straight up thru the roof. Yes a power vent is needed if you are going to vent it not straight up or if the vent pipe has a very long run to the outside.

Ok I'm reading more up on this. I need someone to doublecheck my logic here because I don't quite understand terminology.

To install the heater in an enclosed space, I need to vent it to the roof. For the raypak 406A/407A, I would need a indoor stack kit (009841) or an outdoor stack kit (009837)? I think i need a indoor stack kit which includes a draft hood, adapter, mounting bracket, screws and instructions. Are these instructions listed online anywhere to read?

I am assuming the indoor stack kit does directly onto the raypak heater (add panel, attach hose, clip). After that, I would attach a 3 or 4 inch dual wall (type b vent) vent pipe? In the roof, what type of vent would I put up there (I think I know which actually).

I can't find a 9 inch b vent pipe.

9" is an odd size. You'd have better luck with 8" or 10". Give Raypak a call and see if 8" is suitable for your application. Most similar gas appliances use 8" B vent or 4" Category III vent pipe when used in pressurized applications.

Be prepared to pay...That vent pipe gets very expensive above 4" diameter

Just spoke with a pool installer regarding that flue and they also say a 9 inch one.

problem is finding someone to install the dang thing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have a handyman coming over to chop out two vents and a roof vent for the water heater.

Didn't think protecting your equipment would be such a pain :)

Had a installer come over today (handyman didn't show), who gave me some ideas about venting out the side oddly enough. I'm still aiming at doing the roof though.

Were planning on doing a bit of a rework of the plumbing in the cabinet as the filter is pretty much where the heater should be (it'll be a total replumb in the cabinet).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.