Leak in Caldera spa? 1 jear old

Aug 14, 2015
Arnhem/Netherlands
Hello today 15-12-2015 i refill my spa with new water.

But i thought i open the side panel from the spa for watching maybey a leak or so.
And yes see the picture.

I have call the dealer and it is normal warranty.

But what i see is (paper)?? this is cheap, and i see insolation white flakes i think this is also cheap.

I have my own roof company, is it not better to upgrade the insulation to (hard PU insulation) and change the paper for thin layer of bitum.

And i see the wood is also cheap and not protected to water.

Thanks for giving me advise, the mechanic is comming this week i hope.

But what i see is (paper)?? this is cheap, and i see insolation white flakes i think this is also cheap.

I have my own roof company, is it not better to upgrade the insulation to (hard PU insulation) and change the paper for thin layer of bitum.

And i see the wood is also cheap and not protected to water.
Look before buying. :cool:

Yes, polyurethane foam is much better. Lots of tub makers use it, including mine. But, it is also extra work to remove for repairs. A layer of tar paper, roofing felt or bitumen sheet would be better than paper. You could put some deck stain or sealant on that wood to protect it from moisture.

I think Brian's point is to know these things before you buy. If the salesman isn't willing to show you the inner workings of the hot tub then maybe find another dealer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.