Going To Try The Skimlite 8016 Fiberglass Pool Pole

Surf Hawk

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 13, 2013
Santa Barbara, CA
Aluminum pole gave up, and I want a fiberglass pole because I'm paranoid I or my kids will hit an aluminum pole on some light fixture or something while cleaning. Reviews on entry level $30-$40 fiberglass poles pretty bad, I think all made by same place in China with different brand names, and all give fiberglass shards pretty soon.

Searched on TFP and some high marks for a the Skimlite brand of poles, but no one trying the 8000 series fiberglass poles. I just ordered one, $82 shipped, and will offer my thoughts in here on if 2X the cost was worth it.

Just from the photos the locking mechanism and other details look higher quality, but I'll report back after some usage, unless someone has ever tried this and could of saved me the trouble of trying one.

Skimlite | Replacement Parts
Super_Duty_8000_Fiberglass_Series.jpg

It might be worth it. I have two alm. poles. Both are stuck at different spots! One is all the way out and one it just about all of the way in. I use the long one for the manual vacuum and the short one for in the pool brushing and net use. It works but ..........it might be nice to have just one.

let us know how it goes!

Kim

Keeping an old broken AL pole for some tasks is a good idea, it's what I do with my leaf net.

Got the pole, looks solid, the clamp seems way sturdier than cheepo ones. I don't notice any extra weight compared to my old pole, but I haven't brushed or vacuumed yet so I can't comment on how it performs until I brush and vacuum this weekend. Will report back.

I like the pole, plenty strong and light enough for me. I keep it in the shade and no problems with fiberglass degradation yet. My wife thinks the clamp that holds the two pieces keeps hitting her hand as she pulls the pole up, it's a bit rougher

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.