High Point, N.C.
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair iChlor 30
I have been perplexed for some time on how to use a solar cover with my pool. :( Think of it's shape as a triangle with rounded corners. The base of the triangle is 25' long. The rounded top of the triangle is 12' across. The length is 27'.

I have a heat pump and have read on troublefree.com of the importance of preventing night time heat loss...that is the goal. I doubt there is a reel available long enough for the 25' end, so I am asking for any helpful suggestions, please, for how to easily apply and remove a cover for my pool. Also if you have any links to send for discussions of the type (quality) of solar cover you would recommend it would be appreciated.

You could try a shorter real and fold the cover before rolling up. Or just cut it into pieces and either roll up the pieces or just pull off and pull them up manually.

User mas985 (Mark) has a very nice thread demonstrating how to build manual rolls for covers that are cut for freeform pool shapes. I plan to start using a cover next year and I'm going to implement Mark's very helpful solution.

Mark's solution is based on the Solar Roller.

ww.amazon.com/Solar-Roller-EXTENDS-COVER-LIFE/dp/B00IV3QKQG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1450068479&sr=8-5&keywords=pool+cover+roller

I like my Solar Roller But you probably have to split your cover in two because it does not work well for large areas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.