Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I am about to buy a pool heater. The pool guy says the master temps better than the raypak and that the raypak pilot assembly has to be replaced every 3 or so years.

now I don't care about his "this is better" move, but I didn't hear about the pilot light replacement thing.

the pilot lights always on? The pilot needs to be replaced every so often?

now I'm pretty confident the raypak is quieter than the master temp. Curious if people have the above listed issue with the raypak.

Funny, I install hundreds of the Raypak/Rheem's each year and have not heard of this nor do I have customers calling me back to replace the pilot assembly in 3 years or at any time for that matter. There is no standing pilot. Spark ignition and then when the unit turns off there is no pilot burning. Raypak is the quietest unit as there is no blower motor which also means that there is one less part to fail down the road if you get a Raypak.

Ok. Hmm....

is is there a specific model number for it. Im going to go to this guy and make a specific request for a specific model, vs him just choosing whatever.

Assumig 400,000 btu. Pools 25 to 30,000 gallons.

inguess the real question is is there a point in getting the nickel one vs the copper.

My Rheem has a standing pilot, it is a millivolt model. It's about 3 years old and have not had any issues. I do take the required maintenance like cleaning spider webs around burners before season start up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.