No pool pressure

Nov 13, 2013
Have a 10k gallon pool in AZ that was fine over summer. Pressure was at zero so presumed it was just time to clean DE filter which I did but pressure is still at zero. My question is what should happen when I take the skimmer basket out and turn the pump on? Nothing seems to happen and when I turn it off, the motor spits a little water out into the skimmer. Not sure what I am supposed to see?

Dirty DE filter would raise the pressure not move it to zero. You seem to have a no flow scenario. Is water coming out of the jets? Is the pump basket full of water before and after you turn on the pump?

Do you mean skimmer basket or pump basket? Unless one or both are completely clogged, neither should markedly affect pressure.

You may have a clogged impeller - turn off power to the pump (make sure it's off) then take the pump basket lid off. You should be able to carefully reach a finger into the pump basket, toward the pump and feel the impeller. There should not be any debris on it. It doesn't to much junk to disrupt the impeller's ability to move water.

If you have water in the pump basket and water coming out of the returns - your gauge is bad. Just replace it. TFT sells a nice one at a very reasonable price.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.