Remote control boat

Jan 21, 2014
Bartlesville, OK
Hi
I wanted to get my 11y son a remote control boat for pool. But most of the RC boats go so fast, I don't see them as good choices for our AG pool. Does anyone know of a good choice for a RC boat for an above ground pool that's around $50?
Thanks
Mike

Would you use it if he doesn't? I know I would. But it's your decision at the end of the day.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There's some very good reviews on Amazon for RC boats under $50, but as I said above, my concern is they will be too fast and knowing my son he will run the thing right thru the side of the pool. Thank you to all that gave advise. I had seen the skimmer boat for some time now, and even know I think it would be a blast I personally don't think it's something he would like. I'll just do some more research into these cheaper boats on Amazon. There's a 28" Bismarck RC that looks really cool for $48 with excellent reviews. My only concern is it goes too fast.
Thanks again.
Mike

When I was a kid I had one I used in the pool, was fairly quick but not so fast it would cause damage to the pool or boat. Two things that helped, I cut a slit into a piece of clear vinyl tubing and slipped it over the front edge of the bow as a bumper. From the looks of the Bismarck a piece of foam might do the trick at least until your sun gets the hang of it. the other surprising tweak was using wax on the hull it was amazing how much sharper it was able to turn after polishing it. Probably made it a bit faster too but that was more than off set by the improved turn radius.

Maybe with your larger pool of 26', it won't be as bad as using in a smaller pool of 18'.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.