Pump Install Warranty

Nov 30, 2015
Elk Grove, CA
Hello,
My old Pentair 4 - 160 had the driver die, and given the pump is 13 years old or so (I think.... I didn't build it). I opted to buy a new intelliflo, according to the folks at Pentair the 011018 is the newer version of what I had, so I bought it off of amazon, as the driver on the old pump was to much money for me to only replace that.

For the warranty I have to find a qualified installer: Does anyone know what constitutes a qualified installer?

I'm already mad that I have to pay someone to install this thing and the first estimate I received was $300 - $350 dollars, which to me seems a bit out there given that I already have basically the same pump in place...

That's the protection that the big three put in for dealers. IMO if you can't install yourself, than you are going to get nuked by any dealer. They are not hard to install yourself, just your warranty will be less.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.