Balance pool chemicals

Well that looked like greek to me. I will see if a friend can come figure it out. I do not have photos on my computer either. I have never done any of this before, may take a while for me to figure it all out. In the mean time the line looks like some one drew a chalk line all the way around the pool tile when we drained off about 2 inches due to rain. I am sorry I do not know how to send pictures at this time. I sure appreciate all the help!!!

Thank you again, yes I have read that part but been a while and I forgot it said where to purchase the items.... so helpful. I must keep going back and reread before asking some of these questions. It is all there for sure. At least now when I go back and read it it makes more sense. Pool math looked crazy at first and now a piece of cake. good news right. You are all great people to be doing this. I have been telling all my friends with pools to go to this site, I hope they love it as much as I do.

Hey Paulette it is no problem! SO glad we have been able to help you. When you have a little extra money you can always help support the site. Look at the top for the become a supporter. This is how they are able to keep this site ad free and running!

Kim

Here are my levels as of 1-10-16 FC 4 0 PH looked like about 7.8, also used color Q came out at 7.7 TA 80 CH 350 CYA closer to 20 than 30 Temp 42 salt 2800
I think I should bring up the CYA and want to be sure I am doing it correctly. Put it in an old sock and put in skimmer. Does it matter which skimmer??? I have two, one at each end of the pool. One is closer to the pool equipment, does that matter.?

Can you please put your tests results like this:

FC
CC
PH
TA
CH
CYA

It makes it much easier to glance at.

THANKS!

I like to put mine in a sock and hang it in front of the return. Less chance of clogging the skimmer and you can turn the pump off without worry.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thank you for the reply and instructions on posting tests results. Is it ok to put the stabilizer in a sock in the skimmer? I thought that was also a safe way to add to pool, and does it matter which skimmer?

You can but only while the pump is running. If the pump isn't running then you have to take it out. CYA is acidic and can drop the pH too low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Thank You, I was worried about the sock falling off a pole and sitting on the bottom of the pool without us knowing, that is why I was hoping to put the sock in the skimmer. I don't know the best way to dangle it in front of the skimmer ?? If I put in skimmer I will be sure to leave pump running.

Thank You, I was worried about the sock falling off a pole and sitting on the bottom of the pool without us knowing, that is why I was hoping to put the sock in the skimmer. I don't know the best way to dangle it in front of the skimmer ?? If I put in skimmer I will be sure to leave pump running.

If you have a blue trichlor puck floater, you can put it in there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Yes, I do have a bad plaster job. At this time I do not know how to post pictures and do not have a smart phone or anything like that. From what I have read here you need pictures which makes sense. If I find a friend to help me accomplish posting the pics I will. I am still waiting for the quartz rep and plaster co to come take a look. When the plaster owner looked he said he has never scene anything like mine before. I do not believe that, at this point all I can do is hope the rep gets here. Thank you for wanting to help. I do think if the forum saw the problem they would know what it is.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.