Installed iAquaLink - pump won't turn on

Dec 8, 2015
Alpharetta, GA
Greetings everyone. Great forum, and I am happy to be a member.

I just installed the IQ20-RS to get from my Jandy PDA to leverage the iPhone to control the pool.

The installation went ok, or so I thought. The all connects just fine and things seem ok from there. But when I activate the filter pump nothing seems to actually happen. The light comes on, I hear that click but I don't hear the pump turn on. The screen says wait, and after a while it just says no flow.

Everything was operating just fine before, so I know it's the upgrade.

I'm not even sure how to troubleshoot from here. It's possible I switched the cables that plug into the board, though I was very careful to make sure I moved them to the right place.

Any thoughts ? Thanks !

Do you have a variable speed pump? If so it could be that one of the 4 control wires to the pump is loose or not connected. The contactor only gives the pump power the control wire tell it to turn on. So it is possible to hear a click but still no pump. Not sure about your panel but my iAquaLink RS485 connection (the 4 control wires) uses the same terminal block as the RS485 data wire to the pump. I imagine it's common to have one slip out when you are dealing with tightening the others. I twisted the pump wires and AqualLink together before connecting to the block so one would not slip while the other went in.

If you are on a single speed pump perhaps it is on a GFCI that tripped when you turned things off for the install?

If it's a single speed, it could simply be the circuit breaker for the pump is off.

If you have a multi-meter and feel comfortable opening the power portion of the aqua link box, you could make sure 220 is coming off the relay.

Thanks to you both.

It is a VSP, the Jandy JEP 2.0. Would this be something I have to also program in iAqualink? On the PDA I had "pool mode" which turned on everything, but since it broke I don't remember everything the program did..

Oh, and I did check the breakers and made sure it wasn't a GFCI issue.

You don't have to program the iAqualink it is just an input/output for the panel, the panel is still in control. I suppose it's possible the system to somehow got reset and you need to go back in and reset it to control a VS pump but that seems unlikely. If you want to check that you would need the manual for your panel to see how to get into setup mode for setting things like the pump type, speeds and assigning aux relays, it's usually in a hidden menu. On my Z4 you hold the up and down arrows at the same time for a couple of seconds.

I would take a good look at the control wires going to the pump if you are sure they are tight in the terminal block then make sure one did not accidentally get nicked where all four come out out of the outer jacket. Next check the order, if the wire is red, black, yellow, and green the I wold think that they would go in the R, B, Y and G ports accordingly but that only assumes the same was done at the pump. To be 100% sure you have to take the cover at the rear of the pump off and look at the control wires there. You are connecting same to same so R in the motor goes to R in the panel B to B and so on, does not matter what the wire colors are.

One last thing i can thing I can think to try is turn the breaker off for both the panel and the motor for a min or two they are both CPU controlled so a reboot might just do the trick.

oh one last thought if your iAquaLink install included a daughterboard or complete control board upgrade then it is much more likely you will have to go into setup mode and define the pump type. If that is the case you can also label the Aux devices while you are at it if they are not already.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.