How does FC stay this high?

As the sun gets lower and lower in the sky, less UV is making it to the pool and chlorine usage is drastically reduced. Basically everything that consumes chlorine is not making its way into the water during this time of year.

I would cut the run time down to 2 hours for your pump and adjust the SWG as needed.

In all likelihood your SWG is probably not running due to cold water. So in effect, your 5% is probably closer to 0%.

You should not have to run your pump 8 hrs/day. Cut it down by half. If your water clarity and cleanliness is still good, you can cut it down further. Also, run your pump in the later part of the day when the water is warmer. No need to run it overnight or on the early mornings when it's cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

My FC had not dropped even .5 PPM in the last 2 weeks (pool only gets a couple of hours of sun at the moment and only part of the pool at that) Water temp around 49F. Was getting worried about my testing till this weekend when my wife was doing some gardening and got some dirt in the water, dropped the FC by 1.5 PPM in 24hrs. She told me she was helping, making sure my testing was accurate. :D

Thanks for all the good input. I think I will cut run time at first to 4 hrs and check clarity after that then further if needed. Lots of leaves dropping this time of year so that may be a problem with reduced filter time. I will keep Polaris running 2 hours/daily and see how it all shakes out.

Again, thanks!

Thanks for all the good input. I think I will cut run time at first to 4 hrs and check clarity after that then further if needed. Lots of leaves dropping this time of year so that may be a problem with reduced filter time. I will keep Polaris running 2 hours/daily and see how it all shakes out.

Again, thanks!

Think about getting a robot for your next cleaner, no need to run the pool to keep it clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.