New to TFP and heres some background

Dec 3, 2015
Krugerville, TX
Hey everyone. 1st time user and 1post. I have used this site a few times to fix some minor issues with my system and realized i would benefit from having an account. moving forward...
I am a fairly handy and literate person so i feel confident that with a little advice and self study ill be able to solve my issues.
My Sand filter has failed and the home warranty company was granted my $1000 towards a new sand filter. So i took the cash and decided to purchase a Hayward Pro-Grid 60sqft DE filter, multi-port valve, and DE separation tank. I know most people arent using the separation tank however like the idea of retuning the water back to my pool after backwashing and catching the used DE in the tank and discarding later. also wear i currently backwash, im going to be a playground which id rather not flood once a month. My pool is a 25k gallon pool with 2main drains, 2 skimmers, and 6 return jets. both drains are on the same line and both skimmers are on the same line until they meet at the jandy valve and head to the pump. i also have a pressure side return for a p360 which can with the pool but i have shut that off and purchased a polaris 3450 robot. I do intend to repurchase that pressure side line into a section side line for a hayward suction vacuum to run during normal pump schedules to keep the pool moderately clean in-between my robot cleaning. My pool in all 2" pipe with the exception of the pressure side (soon to be vacuum) line which is 1.5". I have many questions about pool chemicals, chemical alternative/ reduction options, plumbing, lighting, etc which i will post to the correct sections once i have read through the Pool School sections. Thanks all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.