FC 0
CC 0
PH 7.12
TA 50
Cal 140
CYA 10
TDS 485
SWCG 333

So I added some soda ash and 2 gallons of conditioner from the calucation from the pool math. My new readings on CAL with the test kit is 425 and the TA 80 and the CYA is below 30.

I don't want to screw up the water after the RO.

Current number as of today.

Temp 60F
FC 10.5
CC .5
TC 11
PH 7.0-7.2
TA 80
Cal 425
CYA below 30, maybe 28

Thank you for the help. By the way I am using the POOLMATH.

Right now your CSI is -0.40 and that's a little too low. You need to let your pH come up, 7.6 would be perfect. You can either raise it by aeration if you have a good source of aeration (like a spa spillway or waterfall) or you can use 20 Mule Team borax to raise it. While it is probably not important right away, you need to get your CYA up to probably 40ppm. Other than that, let your FC drift down to the appropriate levels found in the FC/CYA Charts and you should be good.

Right now your CSI is -0.40 and that's a little too low. You need to let your pH come up, 7.6 would be perfect. You can either raise it by aeration if you have a good source of aeration (like a spa spillway or waterfall) or you can use 20 Mule Team borax to raise it. While it is probably not important right away, you need to get your CYA up to probably 40ppm. Other than that, let your FC drift down to the appropriate levels found in the FC/CYA Charts and you should be good.

do I add more conditioner?

Did you use liquid conditioner (CYA) or granular powdered CYA? I prefer powder as it is cheaper and more concentrated than the liquid stuff.

You can add more granular CYA to raise it. Use the sock method as outline in pool school and determine the amount you need from PoolMath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Sorry for to horn in......new to pool lingo.....what does RO stand for...
It took me days to figure out PB was pool Builder not pool Boy. Picture me asking myself why the pool BOY did so much construction......

140 was his digital reading and mine was with the test kit.
That's quite confusing on more than one level.
Temp 60F
FC 10.5
CC .5
TC 11
PH 7.0-7.2
TA 80
Cal 425
CYA below 30, maybe 28
Can we assume those are test results from your (K-2006 or TF-100) testing?

What does your water look like?

Have you read "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.