How hard to add SWG later?

Dec 3, 2014
Cypress, Texas
I have been interested in having a SWG for our new pool, but we're already over budget so I'm thinking of just going with Rainbow Chlorinator, but switching over to liquid chlorine added manually. I'm wondering how hard it would be to add a SWG later if it becomes too much of a hassle to add chlorine every day. Has anyone had any experience in adding a SWG after the pool was built?

Thanks,
Mike

As long as you leave an appropriate section of pipe and have a power source available, it should be simple to add it later.

Check that the type of Jandy automation panel you're getting is compatible with the SWG you want. I know in the Pentair world, it's much much easier to add an SWG cell if the EasyTouch panel is already configured with the proper power modules. Otherwise you have to add the power supplies separately.

Other than that, if you have a good 24-36" straight run on PVC AFTER the heater and filter, adding the cell can be as simple as cutting in and gluing two PVC unions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

If you are using a lot of natural stone in your build, you may not want to go with a SWG. Although I love my salt pool, it can be hard on natural stone, particularly in dryer climates like yours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.