Schedule for pool

Dec 1, 2015
Cypress, Texas
I am a new pool owner, the first thirty days of my pool maintenance was being done by an outside pool company. They are using inline chlorine tab feeder. They turn the pool over to me tomorrow and I want use the BBB method.

I figure I can test and add chlorine daily at 6pm. The pool company has set me pool to run from 8am to 5pm. Should I change this in order to have the pool run for a few hors after I do my daily testing and chemical add? If so, what hours do you recommend? I live in Houston if it matters.

Thnx

Jason

When you do start adding chemicals you are correct you should add while the pump is on and run it a bit after each add. I usually do at least 1/2 hour or more. Also 8 hours might be a bit excessive for winter depending on the pump speed. Once you get your kit and see where you are at and get everything balanced you may be able to reduce the run time a couple of hours. I have been running filter 4 hours a day 2 hours in the AM and 2 in the PM at 11000RPM I also run the cleaner for 30min at around noon so 4.5hrs total and so far the water looks great water temp is 48F. Of course there is no such thing as too much filtering and if you are not concerned about your electrical bill you can leave it right where it is.

I run 3 hours in the a.m. at 40%/low speed. Then at 85% from 5:30p to 9:30p.

I used to do it the other way around, but since I'm adding bleach every night after work anyway, I wanted better flow at that time. I could probably run less, but I don't have a Kreepy or other cleaner, just the floor jets and drain/skimmer, so I need some run time on high speed to keep it clean.

Now in the summer, when people will be getting in the pool sometime mid-day, I think it makes sense to run the cleaner/floor jets in the morning to get the pool skimmed and clean. These are things you can experiment with. As long as you are testing, you'll get plenty of notice that something is going wrong before it becomes a headache.

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

All the meaningful dialogues starts with good test results. You have a good kit so give us some baseline results.
Pool turned over to me, took out the pucks from the inline feeder and ran my tests

Fc 5.4 (5 2nd time using 10ml water)
Ph 8 (7.7 2nd time tested, feel better about the 2nd result)
Ta 110
Ch 230
Cya 75

Pool math says I need 85oz of 8.25 bleach and 5.7 oz muriatic acid (my ph target is set at 7.6)

Anyone see any issues? If not I will add the bleach and acid.

Thnx

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

your FC target should be 5.5 to 8.5 Pool math gives me 24 oz per PPM for a pool your size with 8.25%. I would add 24 oz (no more than 50oz) and test again at least a couple of hours later or tomorrow, you are at the bottom end of the range but I don't think you are in danger so you can be cautious in you adds till you see how your pool reacts. For Ph I get 11oz of 31%MA per .1 reduction again I would add 5oz and see what it does you are not out of range so small adds are good till you see how it will react.

your FC target should be 5.5 to 8.5 Pool math gives me 24 oz per PPM for a pool your size with 8.25%. I would add 24 oz (no more than 50oz) and test again at least a couple of hours later or tomorrow, you are at the bottom end of the range but I don't think you are in danger so you can be cautious in you adds till you see how your pool reacts. For Ph I get 11oz of 31%MA per .1 reduction again I would add 5oz and see what it does you are not out of range so small adds are good till you see how it will react.
Pool math says my fc should be 6 to 11. Should I split the and put my goal to 8.5? That's what I did and got 85 ounces of bleach.

Sorry I misstated I was not looking at pool math i was looking at chlorine / CYA chart Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart. 8.5 will not be a problem, I would just get there slowly, My wife did an aggressive add and then the temp dropped along with the sun and my levels are suck fairly high. I am not loosing even .2 ppm per day. Not a problem just does not need to be as high as it is.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Don't know why ph went up after I added the acid last night
It really didn't but I think you are misreading the test a bit and trying to be too precise.

I would move pH at least .2 in either direction when you move it. In a smaller pool the additions of acid pretty small and hard to make the pH behave as precisely as you are trying to do.

You are doing a wonderful job so far! Good job getting a good test kit.

I have a trick to help with your PH test. A white plastic plate to hold behind the tube. I do mine under the light on my stove hood as I have a bright light there. I hold the plate behind the tube and pull the plate back and forth until I can see the color match.

Your PH is going to change quite a bit for a while with you having new plaster. This is normal.

Here is a link for you to help with your schedule.

Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

I have this printed out and inside the lid of my test kit.

Kim

I used my spa the first time tonight, actually posting from the spa right now. When the jets were on I was getting a lot of foam. I am attaching a picture after I turned off the jets, still getting some foam. Is this normal?

uploadfromtaptalk1449902560872.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.